Sunday, December 20, 2020

Something Old, Something New, Something Out of Hyperspace, Something Blue (Fish)

 


I play entirely too much Empire, and when I do stray into Rebel territory, I often fall back to variations of stuff I've played before. So when I decided to brush the dust of Blue Fish, I looked at an old Regionals fleet. It had no HH, 2 GR-75, and 2 VCXs, but otherwise similar. I used strategic (I'm not ashamed) and Bail (also not ashamed) on what was a BC.

Anyway, this shifts to Profundity HH drop. The idea is that 4 activations is about enough not to give out a lot of pass tokens, and that activation disadvantage will quickly be negated by the drop - between the SC, MC75 and HH, the opponent should have more pressing matters to attend to than activation stalling.

MW and Infested are pretty much set, but the yellow is up for debate. I predict playing it 99% of the time if I'm 2nd player, so it's kind of important. The Ion Cannon is good, but Abandoned Mining could be very nice, with the dust fields and space whale movement. I'll just have to test it out and see if it works out.

Also not 100% of Leia in this build. Maybe Ezra on the Lib, and Ahsoka back on BH is a better option. I mean, I love Leia, but this build isn't that reliant on her.

Name: Raddus SC+OC+HH+GR+T&S

Faction: Rebel
Commander: Admiral Raddus

Assault: Most Wanted
Defense: Planetary Ion Cannon --> Could be Abandoned Mining Facility?
Navigation: Infested Fields

MC80 Star Cruiser (96)
• Admiral Raddus (26)
• Ahsoka Tano (2) --> Maybe Ezra here instead of Leia on the GR?
• Caitken and Shollan (6)
• Engine Techs (8)
• Heavy Ion Emplacements (9)
• Linked Turbolaser Towers (7)
• Quad Battery Turrets (5)
• Mon Karren (6)
= 165 Points

MC75 Ordnance Cruiser (100)
• Lando Carissian (4)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• Electronic Countermeasures (7)
• Assault Concussion Missiles (5)
• External Racks (4)
• Profundity (7)
= 131 Points

Hammerhead Torpedo Corvette (36)
• Hondo Ohnaka (2)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• External Racks (4)
= 46 Points

GR-75 Medium Transports (18)
• Leia Organa (3) --> Maybe Ahsoka here?
• Comms Net (2)
• Bright Hope (2)
= 25 Points

Squadrons:
• Shara Bey (17)
• Tycho Celchu (16)
= 33 Points

Total Points: 400

4 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Nice to see you back to blogging!
    Why not a Starhawk over Star Cruiser?
    Keep the great writing!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mostly bc this list is based on an old list, which had Liberty + MC75 :D Also bc the Liberty with ET is twice as fast as the SH. The SH can also work, but its way more expensive, so the entire list needs a rework.

      Delete
    2. Yeah. You'll need speed to close in at that pesky ignition attacks.

      I love Raddus...and I noticed his the absence at the Vassal WC.

      Delete
    3. Onagers are are real reason not to run the SH without at least Agate as your admiral. Another reason to be sad about the Onager.

      Delete