Monday, October 1, 2018

Preppring for Nordics 2018


Nordics 2018 are held in Stockholm, Sweden on Sunday 28th October. That's just under 4 weeks to make a list, preferably a good one, and practice a little bit. That's not a lot of time. 

Last year at this time, I had already settled on a concept and had already run numerous test games, slowly honing the list itself and perfecting my technique with it.

This year will be different. I have returned to play Armada again, that is true, but I've had a long break and skills are still a bit rusty. I also struggle with listbuilding. I want to do NEW and EXITING, but still GOOD. But the truth is there isn't anything new under the sun, so I'm getting frustrated.

Frustrated to the point where taking my Vassal tourney list with KONSTANTINE is starting to look like a good option. Well, maybe not that bad. But I don't want to just repeat what I've already done. 

I could do Thrawn again, I suppose, he feels new and exiting still, but it would have to be a different list. I already ran the 2-ship in Ă˜stersund, and its a good one, and different, but I can't really see how I can improve upon it, so it feels a bit dead ATM.

Raddus is a strong admiral right now, so I could perhaps do a Raddus list. But it would have to be different from my Raddus Regionals list. But different how? Everybody and their grandmother is doing Raddus ATM, and I don't just want to copy something. 

Speaking of Raddus. I find the whole Raddus ability to be kind of a game breaker for many lists ATM. I find myself drawing up many concepts, only to delete them after trying to mentally match them against a Raddus fleet or two. While it's good that we got a good shakeup of activations and deployments, maybe Raddus was one step too far.

So what other admirals might I take? Vader has always appealed to me, and I guess I could build something around him, but I haven't really managed to make something that sings of greatness and fun combined.

Sigh. I NEED HELP!

Anyone have a great idea --> post it in the comment field plz!

4 comments:

  1. What are your take on squadronless fleet's? Or fleet with minimal squadrons (30-32 p)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Squadless is ok, but it has to have an angle to deal with squadrons. In w6 my Vader squadless used flotilla spam to stall, to get last-first with Cymoon-Devastator/Demo. With SAdv u can do something similar now, although the number of big ship builds does cause me some concern. Dbl slicers also work great (not as much vs Thrawn tho).

      Delete
  2. I really like my Screed Interdictor list that I’m running for the Vassal Tourney. It forgoes the ISD that is present in every Imperial fleet and with all the Rogues, I can do some work against Raddus post drop. Most importantly, it’s fun to fly. I do well with it and I’m relatively new to the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, I'll have a look at it. No promises tho. Dictors aren't at the top of my competitive list (but I do love to fly em).

      Delete