Friday, October 5, 2018

Preppring for Nordics 2018 - With a little help from your friends...


Short update:

I now have way more good ideas for lists than I could possibly test. So I've taken a few of them and done some theorycrafting of my own, then actually tested a couple of them. With mixed results I might add - although that was more due to lack of skill on my part than flaws in the lists.

Haven't quite decided what to bring yet, but the search is narrowing down. There are a couple of Rebel candidates and a couple of Empire candidates still in the running. It's a mix of tried and true and "dark horse" builds. There is especially one dark horse I'm quite fond of, but I question my ability to fly it properly.

I love to try new and experimental stuff, but I also like to go to tourneys knowing that A) the fleet is good in and of itself, B) that I've played it enough times to know it - which is about 5 times, and C) used past experience to make those final little tweaks.

In the end I'll probably bring 1 Rebel and 1 Imp with me to Stockholm, then decide at the very last moment which list to actually run. That's what I did in Ă˜stersund. Nothing like beating yourself up over what to run until the morning of the tourney :D

No comments:

Post a Comment