Thursday, February 15, 2018

Vassal Corellian Conflict: Campaign blog, part 4 (end of round 1)

A rare picture of a living Bothan spy...

Round 1 has been concluded in just a few days. Not bad for online play!

In addition to my narrow win over Forvand (Rebel assault, Independent Station), the Rebels won at Crash's Drift (Imp assault, Nebula Outskirts) and we won again at Polanis (Reb assault, Opening Salvo).

I don't have full battle reports for those; it would be too much for me to keep track of. But the brief version is:

Ackbar used a Spynet to shift his MC80 to safety from Sloane's squadrons, then it was a slow game with few ship-shots exchanged, and some squad-killing on both sides. Sloane's aces vs. a whole lot of Rebel rogues. I was a close game, but in round 6 Ackbar got a bit lucky and took out a Raider, putting him slightly ahead in MoV. Win Rebels, but relatively bloodless on both sides.

Thrawn beat up Sato with minimal losses, just 1 GSD and 3 squints. Rebel losses were also fairly light, but the MC75 came within 1 hull of blowing up before it could hyper, so it could have been a real mess. While I want my team to win, I am somewhat pleased the battle didn't become a slaughterhouse. We want to have fun, all of us, and being beaten bloody r1 isn't a great start.

We Imps have 45 refit and about 55 resources each, so there is room to fix most things, expand some, AND build a couple of bases. That's a good, but not overwhelmingly good, start for Team Imps.

The Rebels too have a good start. Generally light losses, the opportunity to build 1 base/outpost, refit and expand, AND get 2 assaults next round as well.

All in all the most balanced start of a CC I've been witness to.

2 comments:

  1. Thats always good. Yeah my local shops 1st CC was brutal the first few rounds, where we all went in with tournament mindsets. After I tabled my opponents the first 2 rounds, the Snowballing was brutal.
    Our 2nd play through, with some house rules and tweaks, it was much more balanced

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my experience too. If you want competitive, play tournaments or Vassal. Play CC to have fun.

      I'll do some articles on CC house rules later on. Stay tuned.

      Delete