Tuesday, December 18, 2018

The Executor Arrives (on Vassal)


I got bored waiting for the SSD, so I played around some with the module, and here it is, fully armed and operational, THE EXECUTOR!

THE GOOD: In terms of cards, i.e. ship and upgrade cards, everything has been spoiled on Reddit (and for a while on YouTube by Crabbok). The actual arcs we have from the article, so I think we have 100% coverage in terms of key components.



THE BAD: It's a "beta" build. I just took the old build I handed over to Team JJ, then merged in all of the good functionality I could find from their branch and then didn't really test much. So I may have missed something. The build is unofficial, so expect this branch to die once the official build is out.

THE UGLY: We don't know EXACTLY what the new rules are. We have quite a few from the article - the pass rule, the three attacks, the new arcs, etc. But there may be more. I've made some educated guesses - like how to deploy (you can stick out of the zone as long as your  touches the back - same as X-wing) - but we don't KNOW 100% yet.

But don't let minor quibbles stop you: try it, have some fun!


The Executor II, with all the upgrades I could cram in! l-o-l

The base is equal to 2 ISDs, with an additional "space" between the bases. So it sticks out waaay beyond the normal dep zone!

The IRL model is MUCH bigger (you can see it above) than the once I've chosen. All the ships that stick out beyond their bases get shrunk on Vassal. Function before looks!

Moving from the rear base, the SSD covers a staggeringly large area with its guns. This is just after moving in r1...exactly HOW do you flank this thing!?

No comments:

Post a Comment