Friday, April 6, 2018

Vassal Corellian Conflict: Campaign blog, part 9 (round 4)

Start of r4

The Vassal CC has been a bit neglected of late, due to Regionals then a very long Easter holiday, but now we're back in action.

Last round we lost Aurea, which mean a bit less resources and no diplomat, but we're all at 500 points without anything scarred. On the other hand we claimed Centerpoint and built a base there to compensate, so we back up to max bases, and now we have 2 spies vs 1 rebel spy.

Due to a clerical error from the Rebel team, we believed the score was Rebel 5 - 4 Empire, so we went ahead with the following assaults:
  • Sacorria (regular, no presence): Sloane vs Sato
  • Corellia (base defense): MM vs Thrawn
  • Corfai (regular, no presence): Vader vs Ackbar
Turns out the score is actually  4 - 4, but we didn't spot that until after the fact, so we opted to just go with what we had already declared.

I've changed my fleet a tiny bit (in addition to repairs). I was having trouble actually commanding my tiny squadron screen (and keeping it alive), so I want to test out a build with 1 less plain TIE, but Exp Hangars on the Goz + Jamming Field, and Instigator in the Raider (which I'll try to use in the flak role, if needed). That left me short 1 pt, so I swapped in Entrapment Formation!, which is a card I've come to love anyway.

BUT I'm not 100% sure we allow replacing upgrades like this (I have OC paid for them), so still awaiting confirmation on that. If we decide NOT, then I'll just use the same fleet as in r3, but play it better :-D

Oh, and this is the first time I get to be 1st player!
Name: VCC New Vader r4
Faction: Imperial
Commander: Darth Vader
Assault: Most Wanted
Defense: Contested Outpost
Navigation: Dangerous Territory
ISD Cymoon 1 Refit (112)
• Darth Vader (36)
• Minister Tua (2)
• Entrapment Formation! (5)
• Gunnery Team (7)
• Quad Battery Turrets (5)
• XI7 Turbolasers (6)
• Devastator (10)
• Electronic Countermeasures (7)
= 190 Points
Gladiator II (62)
• Captain Brunson (5)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• Engine Techs (8)
• Assault Proton Torpedoes (5)
• Demolisher (10)
= 94 Points
Raider II (48)
• Disposable Capacitors (3)
• Heavy Ion Emplacements (9)
= 60 Points
Raider I (44)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• External Racks (3)
• Instigator (4)
= 55 Points
Gozanti Cruisers (23)
• Jamming Field (2)
• Expanded Hangar Bay (5)
= 30 Points
Squadrons:
• Lambda Shuttle (15)
• Captain Jonus (16)
• Valen Rudor (13)
• Zertik Strom (15)
• Saber Squadron (12)
= 71 Points
Total Points: 500

No comments:

Post a Comment