Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Rebellion in the Rim pt. 2 (Round 1)

 

BASES

When picking bases my team (Empire) decided we wanted a Squadron location. Montross became a natural first selection. For our 2 final picks, we wanted A) maximum base coverage in terms of sectors and B) Resource tokens (for base building).

Rebels then went for Mon Cala first. 

We picked Mygeeto. It's kind of a shitty place but it has a Resource and it's in the same sector as Mandalore. Also, if the Rebels had any Peltas, we could block access to Fleet Commands. That could be relevant in 400-point games but maybe not as much at 200.

Rebels went Sullust.

We got Mustafar. Mostly because it's in sector V and has a Resource, but also bc the double Arq fleet needs access to turbolaser upgrades. I suppose controlling access to Fleet Support is an added benefit but I don't think it'll matter this time around.

We noted down our base defenses but I'm not going to list them here. Bothan spies you know 😏

Round 1 map

ASSAULTS

Rebels sent their AF+squads list against Concord Dawn. We defended with VSD+Arq. This did, somewhat predictably, end with a Rebel win. VSD went down and Arq + Gozanti fled. Not a lot of damage on the Rebel side. It's a bit unfortunate that Rebels choose a skew list. Winning at Concord just made it worse. None of my fellow commanders have any hope of handling it, so we'll just try and match me against it every round. Sigh.

I sent my fleet against Mandalore. Opposed by Neb + TRC90 + CR90B. We played his Abandoned Mining Facility. I parked behind the dust field and milked it, forcing him to come to me. Being 1st player and out activating him, I was also to destroy most of his fleet losing only the Raider and Jendon. 12 to 5 in tokens for me.

The final assault was Potato + TRC90 (always tons of TRC90s) against Nal Hutta (predictably). We defended with dual Arqs + Raider-II. Those Arqs lack dice fixing which proved their undoing. A minor win for rebels. But that's all it takes.

2 comments:

  1. Nice writeup :) I really enjoy RitR and I like playing on 3x3 as a change from standard. I play with a houserule whereby any time a player can trade in any 3 strategic effect tokens to have 1 strategic effect token of their choice. I've found that this makes the assaults a little less predictable because you don't have to make ally, border, squadron and resource locations your absolute top priority. They're still very nice locations to have but you have more wiggle room to assault other locations too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually a very neat idea! Most of the tokens are pretty meh - and ally tokens are way too good by comparison. This could event he odds and make players pick new places to do battle.

      Delete