Sunday, September 16, 2018

Trials of Konstantine: Test runs


Says on Disney that his name is Kassius - and that he commands the Relentless. That wrong. He commands the SD AVENGER. And he just goes by the name King Konstantine I.

With that bit of lore out of the way, I can get to business. I've made two test runs with King K, which resulted in one 10-1 win (tabling) and one tactical withdrawal (not a win).

First game was vs. Dodonna in an MC80+AF w/FC and nasty rebel bombers. Titus made himself useful by dropping the AF to speed 0, thereby causing issues for the future positioning of the Rebel carrier. The Dictor made itself useful soaking bomber attacks. Between Brunson, Dictor title and Scramblers, it reduced incoming damage quite a bit. Then healed up, including a double move on the station, leaving the rebel with 1 facedown and like 1 or 2 shields down after 2 rounds of bombing and shooting. Fun.

Meanwhile the ISD closed in, with Suppressor boxing in the MC80. At this point the Rebel realized there would be no escape, so he didn't even try to go above speed 1. So basically King K triggered ZERO times, but only bc the enemy was already at the desired speed.

Some double arcs from both combat ships, together with double ET ramming (Dictor still on the station) finished the battle. Rebel tabled, Empire down 1 Mauler.

My opponent was a good deal less experienced than me, so I won't overdo the importance of this battle. But I feel that it shows what the fleet CAN do under the right circumstance: it can close, and it can keep the enemy in place while he's blown apart. It can also tank a surprising amount of squadrons.

(I think I have some shots on the other PC, might add them later)

Second battle was against a stronger opponent. All ship Motti 2 ISD, including Kuat BTA w/Pryce. We ended up playing my Station Assault,since he had a 20+ bid. I contemplated trying to tank on the stations, while tempting him to shoot at them, rather than my ships. But I ended up with trying to see if I could delay and outflank him. And the answer was: yes, I could indeed avoid the ISD and flank them, but I could not also do enough damage to kill even one of them. So he blew up the stations and some careless Gozanti, while I just sailed into hyperspace. Still a good game. Main ships are pretty agile, but if I don't stand and fight, I don't get any points! And Station Assault still SUCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment